Monday, March 11, 2013

Going Green!


The challenge on the Heart2Heart Challenges blog this week is to create something that is green...my favorite color....so this is the standard-size card I came up with today! The stamps I used include the small hexagon stamps from Honeycomb C1537, a sentiment from the Buzz & Bumble WOTG stamp set G1054, and a cute little turtle from the Pun Fun stamp set C1505. I used a tiny scrap from the Chantilly paper pack X7163B and paper-piecing technique to make the shell on my turtle...and who can resist smiling at his fun wiggley eyes! Ink colors I used include Black, Pear, Sweet Leaf, and Topiary (with "retired" Parchment and Sweet Leaf markers). I hope you are inspired by my card to make something green of your own this week!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness, Jen! this is just too stinkin' cute! love the turtle! thank you for sharing your creativity! you inspire me, too! ;-)

Anonymous said...

oh and I forgot to say thank you for playing along with H2H this week! ;-)

Paige Dolecki said...

Jen -

Your turtle is so adorable with the googly eyes! Love how the hexagons make it look like a turtle shell background too!

Thanks for sharing your art with us at Heart2Heart Challenges this week!

Paige - DT
www.Stampologist.com

Katy said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Jen!!! Love the hexagons, love that little turtle and your paper-piecing...love his little eyes, love the sentiment...everything! Thanks for playing along and going "green" with H2H this week!

Shirley Ross, rockin' heARTist said...

Jen, so cute! I love the googly eyes!! Great card. Thank you for joining us at H2H this week.

Shirley - DT

Melinda Everitt said...

Love all the green hexagons. What a cute idea to combine it with a turtle! Great job and thank you for joining us at H2H!