Monday, March 11, 2013

Going Green!

The challenge on the Heart2Heart Challenges blog this week is to create something that is favorite this is the standard-size card I came up with today! The stamps I used include the small hexagon stamps from Honeycomb C1537, a sentiment from the Buzz & Bumble WOTG stamp set G1054, and a cute little turtle from the Pun Fun stamp set C1505. I used a tiny scrap from the Chantilly paper pack X7163B and paper-piecing technique to make the shell on my turtle...and who can resist smiling at his fun wiggley eyes! Ink colors I used include Black, Pear, Sweet Leaf, and Topiary (with "retired" Parchment and Sweet Leaf markers). I hope you are inspired by my card to make something green of your own this week!


Carol Labuski said...

oh my goodness, Jen! this is just too stinkin' cute! love the turtle! thank you for sharing your creativity! you inspire me, too! ;-)

Carol Labuski said...

oh and I forgot to say thank you for playing along with H2H this week! ;-)

Paige Dolecki said...

Jen -

Your turtle is so adorable with the googly eyes! Love how the hexagons make it look like a turtle shell background too!

Thanks for sharing your art with us at Heart2Heart Challenges this week!

Paige - DT

Katy said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Jen!!! Love the hexagons, love that little turtle and your his little eyes, love the sentiment...everything! Thanks for playing along and going "green" with H2H this week!

Shirley Ross said...

Jen, so cute! I love the googly eyes!! Great card. Thank you for joining us at H2H this week.

Shirley - DT

Melinda Everitt said...

Love all the green hexagons. What a cute idea to combine it with a turtle! Great job and thank you for joining us at H2H!