Wednesday, August 1, 2018

For the Love of Crafting Blog Hop (August SOTM!)

THANK YOU for stopping by to enjoy our
August Stamp of the Month Blog Hop
featuring this month's SOTM:
For the Love of Crafting S1808


If you've just arrived here from
my friend KATY's BLOG
then you are on the correct path.
If you get lost along the way, you can find
a complete list of all of the participating
consultant blogs here on MELINDA's BLOG.

Today I'm sharing a standard-size card I created
using our beautifully vibrant watercolor paints!
(on cold press watercolor paper 140lb. 300gsm).

If you want to attempt to create a similar card,
you will want to make sure the watercolor paint
and paper is completely dry before you stamp on
it with archival black ink, as I have done here.
I also stamped the sentiment stamp with archival
black ink on a smaller scrap of the same watercolor
paper and then cut it out (cut my heart just inside 
the edge of all of the little black dots). Then I added
the cut-out heart element on to the card using 
3d foam mounting tape to give it some dimension.



The trick to achieving this look is to use lots of water,
and create puddles of color on your paper by tapping,
dabbing, and swirling the color on with your water brush
(do not swipe, smear, rub, or blend it in too much).
Let the puddles of color sit on top of your paper and absorb
slowly (the less you brush it the better). While it is drying,
you can also use a heat embossing tool (or blow air on it
using a straw) to spread the puddles of color from the 
inside to the outermost edges of your paper like I did 
here. When it was mostly dry, I then flicked splatters 
of color along the outside edges using a waterbrush
that I loaded with lots of water and color.

I am working on creating my first quick 
video tutorial, so you can see exactly how to do it!
I will be sharing it on Facebook later next week, 
so if you'd like to see that, please go visit and 
"LIKE" and follow my Facebook business page now!
(Jen Rubio - Close to my Heart Consultant)

Since I only used one of the images in this stamp set
this time, here's a look at ALL of the fun images included:

Now you can continue on with the blog hop
and be inspired by more creativity using this
set of stamps by visiting KIMBERLY's BLOG next!

14 comments:

Michelle said...

What a great background! Can't wait for your tutorial!

Kimberly Bower (gladeslibrarian) said...

Great background. I can't wait for the tutorial either! :)

Darlys said...

Great card - LOVE the watercolor! well done!

Brandi said...

Holy Cow that is amazing, so vibrant and just wow!

Melinda Everitt said...

Wow! I didn't expect such a vibrant, unusual card. Love that you went a different way with it than the traditional, expected way. Gorgeous!

Michelle Stewart said...

Love this splash of colors, it just pops out at you. Great card.

Patty said...

Your patience paid off Jen! This is awesome!

Katy said...

Oh, Jen...LOVE this card...and PERFECT for this stamp set!!!

mauihumv@gmail.com said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the background, such a pretty card.

Willing Hands said...

Fantabulous!

Lauren said...

This is absolutely stunning!

Wendy K. said...

I love the fun and colorful card!

~Michelle said...

Jen, I love this card!! Super adorable!

Cat Nowak said...

Jen, your card is stunning! I love the helpful tips too!