Sunday, July 31, 2011

August SOTM Blog Hop (featuring "Wicked" and "A Typeface"!)

WELCOME to our August Stamp of the Month blog hop featuring this month's new SOTM - "Wicked" S1108! If you've just joined me from Shannon's blog, then you are on the right path!
First, I'm sharing a standard size card (above) that I created using a little bit of Smokey Plum B&T duos paper from our NEW Sonoma X7143B paper pack. Notice how I've used the "witches hat" image as the stem for my pumpkin! To make the stem I first stamped the image with Black ink on my 3"x3.75" piece of colonial white cardstock. Then I used the "paper piecing" technique to add the green stem by stamping the image again with Olive ink on a scrap of Colonial White cardstock, cutting out just part of the "hat" image, and then adhering that part over top of the first image I stamped with Black ink. To create the pumpkin, I cut out three 1.5" ovals from Sunset cardstock using the "Oval3" button with our NEW "Art Philosophy" Cricut Cartridge!! Then I stamped the honey-comb-like image with Sunset ink ("tone-on-tone" stamping) on each oval and sponged the outside edges with Desert Sand ink. Then I layered and adhered them together over the stem to create the pumpkin! I also used "masking" technique to stamp just the word "Halloween" on the 1"x2" piece of Colonial White cardstock. I added the word "Happy" using stamps from the "A Typeface" stamp set that is your FREE gift "this month only" when you purchase the "Wicked" Stamp of the Month for just $5 with any $50 order! (both stamp set images are shown at the bottom of this post and remember, you can click on any of my photos to see them larger).
Next, I'm sharing a "candy bar pocket" (above) that I created using the the "Tag5" plus "Card" buttons with our NEW "Art Philosophy" Cricut Cartridge (I just LOVE our new Cricut Cartridge and have been playing with it a lot this week)!! The card/pocket is cut from Olive cardstock at the 5.75" inch setting (this allows you to cut two from one sheet of 12x12" cardstock). Colors used here again are Black, Colonial White, Olive, Smokey Plum, and Sunset (the cat is stamped with "2nd generation" Black ink). The "Bling Assortment" Pin Z1466 and Pin Clips Z1612 that I've used on both projects are held in place by being stuck through the 3-d mounting tape I used underneath my card elements to give them some lift and dimension.
Finally, here is the card I created with my customers recently at my New Idea Book Reveal Party and Open House (above)! Don't you just LOVE that this stamp set can be used to create a lot more than just items for "Halloween"?!! I am looking forward to using the "honey-comb-like" image and the "flourishy border" stamp as well as some of the other sentiments on a variety of different projects. This card is also made with a few other brand-new products including the Love Life D1482 stamp set, Roxie paper pack X7140B, Just Blooms paper shapes butterflies Z1463, and Bling Assortment buttons Z1466!
I hope you've enjoyed seeing my artwork! Now you can continue on with the rest of this blog hop and see more creative ways to use this "Wicked" stamp set by visiting Haley's blog next! Enjoy!!

23 comments:

Nikka Geers said...

look great hun. glad your getting the cricut down. when will you buying your own

Paige Dolecki said...

Jen -

I just LOVE your pumpkin! How inspired to use the hat for a pumpkin stem! Thanks for the detailed instructions on how to do it!

Paige

Lori Miller said...

Oh, Jen - how CUTE is that?! The pumpkin card is absolutely adorable! I love the way you used the witch's hat for the stem - so clever!

Tamytha said...

Oh my...love all of your projects! I love the honeycomb image and how you used it on the pumpkin. And the hat and spider for the pumpkin stem...oh, so cute!

Cindy said...

WOW great ideas. Can't wait to get my cricut cartridge.

Unknown said...

Jen-

Very creative ideas and wonderful projects...especially using the witch hat for the pumpkin stem! Tfs

Susan Brooks - The Closet Stamper said...

Sooo cute and creative - LOVE the pumpkin card.

Unknown said...

I love your pumpkin card and the Roxie card! You always do such great work :) Jealous you already have Typeface too!

Unknown said...

I love love love your pumpkin! I'm going to scraplift this card - it is adorable!!

Peggy Lee said...

wow your card is super cute, love the pumpkin with the witches hat, your blog is so inspiring...thanks for sharing.
Can I lift your card? with credit to you.?

Peggy Lee
(Creative Scraps)

Doreen said...

Great inspiration! LOVE the hat as pumpkin stem! :)

~doreen http://whereisyourhappyplace.blogspot.com

Melinda Everitt said...

Love your cards. Fantastic surprise that you used the Witch's hat for the pumpkin stem. Great job!

Anonymous said...

Adorable!

Creatique Candy said...

Sooo Ah-Dorable! Love what you did with this Jenn.

Shannon Beck said...

Love your projects! I can't wait to start using my cartridge.

Nancy said...

WOW, what fabulous projects!!!

Haley D. said...

Your pumpkin card is so clever! Both are WICKED cool!

Krista Ritskes said...

Totally LOVE the pumpkin on your first card! Great work.

Terrie Dodd said...

OK you blew me away with all your projects. Love the hat as the pumpkin topper, Love the bling on your pumpkin and love the candy bar holder....OK, I love everything!

Wendy Coffman said...

Love the pumpkin hat "stem" - so clever!

Jeanie said...

I see a lot of other comments have been left about your creative pumpkin on the first card - LOVE IT! I will have to do that as well. Thanks for sharing!

Kathleen said...

OMG these are just SO darling. I just love, love, love all the bling!!

Sheila Bennett said...

You are truly a creative genius - the witch's hat as a pumpkin stem is simply fabulous.