Thursday, September 13, 2018

Oh What Fun - Extravaganza Presentation and Artwork!


First, I'd like to say THANK YOU to Close to my Heart
for the amazing opportunity I was given to present my
artwork on stage this Summer at the annual Convention
for CTMH consultants! It meant so much to me to be invited
and it an was absolute honor and thrilling experience.

I first had to sign a confidentiality agreement with CTMH, because I would be receiving so many brand-new products more than a month prior to Convention, and it was very important that I keep secret all of the new products I would be getting, so that the first big "reveals" could happen on stage, only at Convention.

My big box of "top secret" Close to my Heart products arrived on Wednesday, May 23rd. You can see here how very happy and excited I was on this day...and this was
BEFORE I had any clue what might be inside or how generous CTMH would be in 
giving me so much fun stuff to play with!


I can now reveal what I received in that box...
it included the most colorful and FUN
Christmas-themed papers, ink pads, stamp
sets, thin cuts, and embellishments ever!

I was instantly grateful that I would get to 
design CHRISTMAS artwork! I love Christmas!!
However, as I began to make cards and scrapbook pages,
I struggled with the fact that pink isn't really one of my
favorite colors to work with, and I began to find it 
a little bit challenging to use for Christmas.
It took a few tries, but eventually, I began to get over that
silly little voice in my head that said, "You can't do pink
with Christmas!" Once I opened my mind to the possibilities
and began thinking, "Why not?" I really began to see the
true beauty of these products and my creativity just flowed.

I spent the next few weeks creating with all of the
NEW products I had received, and then...
the big day (Friday, June 29th) arrived!

Here are a few of the photos I took that day, as well as,
all of my artwork made with the new OH WHAT FUN
paper collection (only from Close to my Heart!)
Here is your first peek at just one of the five
NEW paper collections that are now available
for customers to purchase since 
September 1st! Enjoy!!

 My top-secret artwork is all packed in my trunk and I'm ready to go present it!

Here is the main stage where I delivered my Extravaganza Artwork Presentation!

Standard-size cards made with my favorite, the NEW Ugly Sweater stamp set (C1729).
Ink pad colors used include NEW Clover, NEW Mint, Pixie, Raspberry, and Sweet Leaf.

 Standard-size cards made with our NEW watercolor pencils (Z4242), NEW Watercolor paper pad (Z4243), and water brush splatters. Stamp sets include NEW Feliz Navidad (B1620), NEW Making Spirits Bright (B1627), and the NEW Christmas Countdown (D1799) for the small tree. Ink pad colors used include NEW Mint, Lagoon, and Sweet Leaf.

Standard-size cards made with the NEW Mistletoe Wishes stamp set (G1168). Ink pad
colors used include NEW Clover, Pixie, Raspberry, and Archival Black.

Layout #1 featuring NEW Clover and NEW Mint cardstocks
with the OH WHAT FUN paper packet (X7238B) and complements (X7238C).

Layout #2 with the OH WHAT FUN paper packet (X7238B) and complements (X7238C).

Layout #3 with the OH WHAT FUN paper packet (X7238B).
Used only the shades of pink patterned papers (Pixie and Raspberry)
along with SUGARPLUM glitter paper (the NEW color of the year)!

Six standard-size cards created with the PML cards from the OH WHAT FUN 
paper packet (X7238B), the coordinating FELT SHAPES (Z4228),
and the Christmas Countdown stamp set (D1799).

Single 12x12 page made with the OH WHAT FUN paper packet (X7238B)
and coordinating complements (X7238C).

 Three standard-size cards featuring some of our NEW thin cuts...
Season's Greetings (Z4308), Merry Christmas (Z4306) and Falala (Z4307)
with SUGARPLUM glitter paper (Z4188).

 Single 12x12 page made with the Raspberry Ombre patterned paper as
the base page, plus the You Have My Heart stamp set (D1796).

 Floral pattern is stamped on the watercolor paper heart using
Lagoon ink, colored in with our NEW Watercolor Pencils (Z4242),
and then brushed lightly with water from the small round waterbrush.

 Two standard-size cards featuring the You Have My Heart stamp set (D1796).
This paper packet also works fantastically to create Non-Christmas-themed artwork!

 This standard-size card shows off our NEW Ranger RED TINSEL Embossing Powder (Z4251).

 I used OH WHAT FUN papers and embellishments to dress up a 
small LED table lamp that I purchased from Wal-mart for less than $5.

The branches were made by cutting half-way into 3" x 12" strips of 
patterned paper with fringe scissors. I especially LOVE that cute little felt Santa!

 Last of all, my favorite...the 12x12 framed home decor piece I created using
the Rainbow Striped patterned paper and NEW Chipboard Monogram Numbers!
Floral pieces cut using the Flower Market Cricut cartridge/collection.

Finally, here I am at the Consultant Creativity Showcase (above) displaying all of 
my artwork that same evening after the on-stage presentation.

THANK YOU again Close to my Heart for the amazing privilege of presenting my creations
on stage alongside these other 0h-s0-talented consultant artists that inspire me!

(Left to Right): 
Anna Jarnagin (http://annajarnagin.com/)
and (me!) Jen Rubio (http://jenrubio.blogspot.com/)

No comments: