Saturday, June 20, 2020

*Brushed* Blog Hop!

Welcome to our BLOG HOP!
Today, my creative Close to my Heart
 consultant friends and I
are sharing what we've created
using the "Bring Back my Pack"
BRUSHED special paper
collection and stamp sets!


If you just arrived here from
then you are on the right track.


I absolutely LOVE the beautifully vibrant color
combination options afforded by this updated paper collection!
To make these five standard-sized cards,
I used Archival Black, Canary, Green Apple, Lagoon, 
Pixie, and Smoothie ink pads. If you look closely, you might
notice that I included a little bit of (black) heat embossing
on the "Dream Big" card. I also "stamped on vellum" 
the large black butterfly on the "Life is Beautiful" card.
I used the instruction sheet from the Aurora Cardmaking
Workshop Kit (G1205) as my design inspiration for four of
the cards (as you can see from the images shown below).
I really love that our workshop kit instructions can be
utilized so easily with other papers and stamp sets. I love the creative process of tweaking the designs a little, so they can work with other materials, as I have demonstrated below.





The 5th and final card design (shown above) was 
inspired
by a square-shaped card I found on Pinterest that was
designed by Jody Gustafson back in August of 2014.
Thank you Jody for the creative inspiration!

Now you can continue on with the blog hop
and be inspired by more creativity using this 
collection by visiting BRENDA's BLOG next!


7 comments:

Michelle said...

Love your ca d, Jen! Great job showing how to adapt, too.

Darlys said...

Lovely cards!! You've been busy!!

Lauren said...

I love how you've taken inspiration form one kit and put your own spin on ti!

Coelle said...

All such pretty cards, but love the one with the tags and row of butterflies along the bottom.

Alyson Mayo said...

These are all so pretty - and I love that you took existing sketches and used them for a completely different paper pack. I will be sharing this post with some friends who are looking for ideas to do just what you did with the sketches! Lovely work :)

Krista Hershberger ---- Krista's Crafty with CTMH said...

I always LOVE to see your card creations on the hops ;) ...it's something I look forward to! And today's cards are again, so, so pretty!! I love that you used all CTMH --including the designs of the cards!! Just beautiful Jen -- definitely going into my file for future use :)

Cat Nowak said...

Beautiful cards! I love how your re imagined the Aurora Card Workshop!