Monday, September 15, 2008

Humble Artists Swap Card (using my first "Color Me Challenged" color combo!)


I just mailed my swap cards last week for the "Humble Artists" swap group (due Sept 10th) that I participate in. The guidelines for this swap this time around were:

-We will create a 6x6 card.
-Please use at least a little bit of any one of the 5 new My Reflections paper packs in the new Idea Book!
-You must use something you can see through (clear buttons, vellum, transparency, organdy ribbon, liquid glass, etc...).
-You must use some element on the card that is round or curved (you know how popular circles and scallops still are).
-Please use any kind of dimensional element.
-Finally, include at least three different stamped images on your card (the images can be from the same stamp set or different sets).

For this card I also used colors from the first color challenge posted on the NEW "color me challenged" blog!! (http://colormechallenged.blogspot.com/). Colors are Vanilla Cream, Vineyard Berry, Juniper, Sorbet, and Desert Sand. If anyone wants to play along and create a card using any of the guidelines listed above I would welcome you to do so and share the link to it here in the comments section if you can!! One thing I really love about my humble artists swap is seeing how different everyone's cards turn out considering we're all using the same exact guidelines! Once I figure out how to post links to some of the other swap participants artwork on their blogs, I will do that here too, but for now I am still learning and haven't figured that out just yet. I'm just happy to finally be posting and using my blog - lol!!

No comments: