Friday, June 17, 2011

Happy Father's Day!!

Well, we finally finished our last week of school here and the kids were thrilled to wake up to their very first day of Summer vacation this morning (6/17)! Because of all the crazy busy-ness we've had the past couple weeks, I haven't had much time for creating recently. I thought it would be fun to share with you a bunch of my "older" things I've created for Father's Day over the past few years. Some of this artwork I created way before I started blogging, so this may be the first time you've seen it online. Please enjoy and have a very Happy Father's Day everyone!
First, I'm sharing the "circle" album, I created for my husband Jose in June 2007 (remember the Expedition papers and Typewriter Alphabet stamps?!) This was a fun little album to make and one we still cherish to this day! It just goes to show you that scrapbooking doesn't always have to be a super "big" and time-consuming project - one very little album can mean a whole lot!
OUR DAD IS THE BEST...
...whether he's coaching...
...teaching...
(District Teacher of the Year award 2002-03)
...showing us his sweet smile...
...loving us...
...reading to us...
...looking fabulous with a beard...
...taking naps with our babies (his favorite past-time!)...
...loving Mom (notice he gave me flowers)...
...or just having fun!...
WE ARE SO BLESSED
that he is our Dad!!

Next, here are a few cards (below) that I made last year using the Passages papers and Wonderful Friend (June 2010 Stamp of the Month)
Here are a few more standard size cards (below) that I created with the "It's a Guy Thing" papers in June 2008
Finally, here is a real "OLDie" but goodie (below)!
I made this one back in June 2004 after attending my first CTMH Convention, when I hadn't even been a consultant for a full year yet (joined in October 2003). This was one of the very first cards I created with our fabulous My Acrylix stamps (before that Convention we still sold wood-mounted rubber stamps). It just goes to show that I've "come a long way" creatively since then, lol. This card uses the Wild Adventure papers with the "In the Wild" stamp set (too fun)!

3 comments:

Haley D. said...

Thanks for sharing all of these great projects! The cards are great, and I'm sure Dad treasures his mini circle album.

Melinda Everitt said...

Great projects! Thanks for sharing them with us at H2H!

Karen Day said...

Lots of Dad inspiration here! Thanks for sharing it all with us at H2H this week, Jen :o)