Friday, March 23, 2012

Finding my "Mojo" again!

Standard size card to celebrate the first week of Spring!!
Featuring the Pemberley papers X7148B, Love Clusters C1484 stamp set, Paradise Paper Flowers Z1710, and Color-Ready Seam Binding Ribbon Z1732 (dyed with Indian Corn Blue re-inker mixed with water in a spray pen),
design inspired by Mojo Monday 233!

This has been an especially difficult week for me. On Sunday morning my oldest child woke up with the stomach flu. There were no signs, symptoms, or warning that this was coming (no fever or headaches), just sudden vomiting. By Sunday evening I had another child starting to get sick also. Then Monday morning I woke up sick and felt so horrible for two days. At first I was thinking that maybe we had food poisoning, but because of the way it progressed (and the fact that we had all been eating different things on Saturday) I realized that we definitely had some kind of flu and unfortunately this was THE WORST stomach flu I can remember having hit my family ever. This illness struck us very suddenly one person at a time and messed up all the plans I had made to accomplish most of the things I had wanted to this week.

By Wednesday evening, I was so sick and tired of cleaning up throw up and doing laundry and feeling bad about all the things on my "to do" list that I couldn't handle this week, that I just couldn't wait to get my hands on some paper finally! (lol). When the stresses of life overwhelm me, I find that the thing I look forward to the most is some stamping and creative therapy to make me feel normal again! Usually I have no trouble designing something, but for two days I just couldn't seem to stamp anything that I was happy with. So this morning I turned to the Mojo Monday blog for inspiration, created the card shown above, and feel like I finally got my "mojo" back!! Yeaay! Now I can go on to enjoy this weekend I've been looking forward to so much (gonna go see "The Hunger Games" with my family tomorrow - can't wait)!!

1 comment:

Teresa Kline said...

this is gorgeous...luv the mix of patterns!

enjoy *~*