Saturday, March 31, 2012

April SOTM Blog Hop!!

Thank you for stopping by to enjoy our April Stamp of the Month Blog Hop featuring this month's SOTM - You Are... S1204! If you've just arrived here from
Mary's Blog then you are on the correct path.
I created this simple standard-size card using the April SOTM, Kraft paper cardstock (for the card base), and the Victory papers X7150B (ink colors are Barn Red, Chocolate, Olive, and Outdoor Denim). The cardstock that my "focal point" sentiment is stamped on was cut using the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge (1.5" colonial white and 1.75" outdoor denim). This masculine card would make a great Father's Day card, but is versatile enough that it could be given for just about any occasion really. The banners were created with 1"x3" rectangles of patterned paper that I cropped with a square punch to give them their "banner" shape (as shown below):

Finally, here is a view of all of the fun images included in this stamp set:
I haven't even used the fantastic background stamps included in this set yet,
but I already know I will be using them a lot and am so looking forward
to creating with those images soon too!
Now you can continue on with our Blog Hop to be inspired by more creativity with this stamp set by visiting Annette's Blog next! Enjoy!!

16 comments:

Wendy Coffman said...

Love this - and fab tip on the square punch!

Dawn said...

Jen,
Your card is a stunner!

Lori said...

Love this card!

Allisa said...

Love your card!

Tamytha said...

Love the card, especially the banners. I love the tip on making the banners with a square punch. One of those "duh" moments. :)

Casandra Bennett said...

Cute card!

Dawn said...

Love this card Jen! I definitely need to stamp lift it.

Melissa said...

Just love it! Great masculine card.

Heather Jane said...

This is a really sharp looking and handsome card! Love your work!

Susie said...

Nice card and the tip using the square punch is so helpful! I always mess the angle up when I do it free hand! Thanks for sharing that!

life documented said...

I'm with Tamytha on this one! great card and seriously, how cool are you with the square punch short cut!!!

Unknown said...

Love this card!

Traci Pasqualone said...

Gorgeous card!

Katy said...

WOW...love the pennants on the card and what a great way to do the cut-out on those thin strips!

Krista Ritskes said...

I LOVE the look of this card!

Tina Campbell said...

Such a cool card and thanks on the tip with the square punch (duh!) never even thought of that myself what a moment