Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Sweet Surprises Flower card for H2H blog challenge!

I was inspired by the "April showers bring May flowers" challenge issued on the Heart 2 Heart blog this week! The challenge is pretty simple...to create something using flowers...so I did!
 
 I created this simple 5.75" wide by 5.25" tall card using the My Creations Sweet Surprises Card Kit Z1731!! This kit is so fantastic...it even includes envelope boxes that fit the cards just right (click on this link here to see everything that the kit includes)! I also added just a little bit of our "Dotty For You" papers to cover the flap, added a White Daisy Bigger Brad, then used a Velcro dot to secure it closed. I was happy to discover how nicely this paper pack coordinates with this card kit...they are the perfect pairing! There is no stamping on this card at all (most of the pieces are dimensional elements die-cuts or stickers), just a little bit of sponge-daubered ink-distressing with Desert Sand ink, so it was an extra quick and easy card to put together!
  
 Here is a view of what the card looks like with the flap open (above).
 
  ...and here is a view of what the card looks like on the inside (above).
 
Finally, I wanted to show you what I filled the clear adhesive-backed treat cup (center of flower) with! This "tropical typhoon" flavored box of candies include colors that match the colors in this kit perfectly (and are pretty yummy too...I couldn't stop eating them this morning, lol). Enjoy!

4 comments:

Amy Moore said...

I like how you added the velcro closure and made the edge more fancy with the dotty papers! Thanks for joining us this week on Heart 2 Heart.

Joelle H. said...

What a great looking card! I love how you coordinated everything - even the candy! Thanks for sharing with us at H2H!

Patty said...

What a smart idea Jen!

Paige Dolecki said...

Jen -

Too cute! I have a set of those cards and just haven't had a chance to put them together yet. Thanks for showing me a coordinating candy to get for them!

Paige - DT
www.PaigesPaperParadise.blogspot.com