Saturday, October 25, 2014

Two Cards from One design!!

I've been wanting to share this idea on my blog for a few weeks now, but life and other responsibilities kept getting in the way, lol. So finally...I am excited to share how one good card design can so easily result in another similar but different card.  On the left is a card I created using the September Stamp of the Month. I loved the simplicity of the design so much that a few weeks later, when I signed up to participate in a consultant team card swap, I decided to utilize the same design and even the same papers and color-scheme (Scaredy Cat) to make a birthday card instead
(as you can never have enough birthday cards, right?)!

Here is a view of the fantastic assortment of cards I received back from the swap with my team members (you will likely be able to spot my card here also):

Then, while enjoying the variety of swap cards I received, one particular card really stood out and inspired me and it is what led to the layout design I chose for another card (same design layout, but completely different colors/theme):

Thank you Nicole Peck for inspiring me with your lovely card!!
Isn't it fun to see how one thing can inspire another and then another? I tend to find inspiration from whatever is in front of me, even if I have to change it up or re-invent it just a little to serve another purpose...that's just how my mind works sometimes.
I hope you enjoyed this little peek into how my creativity is inspired and evolves.

No comments: