Sunday, December 6, 2015

Focus on Stamping Techniques Blog Hop!

THANK YOU for stopping by to enjoy our
Focus on Stamping Techniques Blog Hop!

Today, 18 consultant artists are sharing artwork
they've created using products from Close to my Heart
and a variety of stamping techniques!

If you've just arrived here from JACQUELIN's BLOG,
then you are on the correct path.

The techniques I'm featuring today are 
two of my favorites that I tend to use a lot...
Coloring with markers and
Paper-piecing (layering)!

First, here are two standard-size cards I created (above) using the Sangria paper pack 
and the December Stamp of the Month - Candlelight Garden (S1512).
 
 These are the marker colors (above) that I used to color in my pretty flower bouquet.
Notice that (below) I used the two shades of yellow to color in the largest flower. I also used the Colorless Blender Marker (Z2469) to pick up color from the tips of the Cherry Pink and Peony Purple markers to color those flowers in a lighter shade before tracing directly with the fine tip of the colored markers to get the darker shades that outline the flowers.
 
Notice how I stamped an extra lid on a piece of scrap paper (above) and then cut part of it
out to be adhered over the top of the jar (below). This allows the jar and lid to look more
realistic. I then colored in part of the lid and traced the jar with the Warm Grey marker
(shown below).
 
 
Finally, you can see how I used the paper-piecing and layering technique again here (below)
to stamp a candle with a patterned design. Notice how I stamped not only the candle on the
patterned paper, but also the jar with the string so that the candle will have the string
stamped through its middle to maintain the appearance that the candle is inside the jar
once its paper-pieced in place.

Just make sure that when you stamp the candle again inside the jar on your Colonial White
piece of cardstock (shown below), that you stamp it so that the line of the string is as close to
the middle (center) of the candle as you can get it, so that when you adhere the candle on top
of its own image, the string will line up just right in the center.
 
 
Lastly, here's a glimpse at all of the images that are included in the
December Stamp of the Month - Candlelight Garden (S1512):
 
I hope you've learned something new from the
artwork and techniques I've shared today!
I am the last of 18 consultant artists that are
participating in this Blog Hop. You can start
at the beginning of the Hop again by going to
MELISSA's BLOG next! Enjoy!!
   

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Simply stunning!!! Love this!

Darlys said...

Amazing cards, lots of work! I love the layers.

Cat Nowak said...

Beautiful cards! Love the layers.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous, I have to break out markers more often, these look great!

Brenda Lapp said...

Fabulous cards. I love both techniques, but your coloring is breathtaking!

Kirsten Desorcy said...

Great cards! Love them! Great inspiration!