Monday, October 18, 2010

Snow Days with Mistletoe Layout!

This is the layout that I created last week to teach to 10-12 guests at a scrapbooking techniques class I'm teaching tonight in Las Vegas!! Yep, you read correctly, I'm driving all the way to Vegas tonight and I am so excited about this opportunity to catch up with an old friend and meet lots of new ones that already love to scrapbook! These scrapbook pages are inspired by the layout shown on page 23 of the current Autumn/Winter Idea Book. It uses a pattern from our brand NEW Magic how-to-program - Raise the Curtain (p. 67). One of the cool techniques I'll be showing everyone how to do is faux stitching (yes, it's hard to tell, but that stitching is fake!!) I used my scoring blade to dry emboss lines 1/4" in from each edge of the New England Ivy cardstock. Then I sanded the edges and lines lightly with sandpaper. Then I used my piercing tool kit (with foam mat) to pierce holes evenly spaced every 1/8th" along the white line (our exclusive white core cardstock is what allows this white line to show through so nicely when it is sanded)!
Remember, you can click on any of my photos to see them larger!!
(then use your back arrow to get back to this page)

Left side of the layout (above)
The little flowers are simply made with background and textured paper that I punched with a mini-flower punch that I have.
Two different stamping options (shown above) - some guests may want their scrapbook page to say "Snow Days" while others may prefer "Merry Christmas" so the pages could be used with either snow or holiday-related photos!
Here is a close-up of the journaling (above) so you can read what I've written with one of our black My Legacy writers. I used the Journaling Jots stamp set (B1269) to stamp the lines with cocoa ink.
Right side of the layout (above)
Close-up of the paper flower (and holly leaves) that I'll be teaching them to create (this is such a fun and easy paper-folding technique)! Love that easy stamped border too!
Close up of the stamping (colored in with Creme Brulee, Desert Sand, and New England Ivy markers) then cut out and adhered onto the page. I've also used sponge daubers to add some edge distressing with cocoa ink around many of the paper elements! I hope you like my pages and I sure hope my students are inspired by this tonight!
I can't wait for the fun to begin!

2 comments:

Big Red Scraps said...

This is a fantastic layout Jen! I love the details. Have fun in Vegas!

Jennifer Lee said...

What a beautiful layout!! Awesome details! Thanks for sharing,
Jenn