Sunday, October 2, 2011

"Sentiment-ally Yours" Heart to Heart Challenge!

The Heart 2 Heart Challenge Blog issued a fun challenge this week - to create something using only a sentiment stamp!! We can use any papers and embellishments we want to BUT no stamps unless it is a sentiment. So here is my card that fits those requirements:
This standard size card is inspired by Originals - Upper Level Focus (p. 42). It uses the now retired Aspen papers with two different stamp sets to stamp the sentiment, Holiday Jingle C1371 and Peace on Earth D1243 (also both retired). Ink colors I used are Outdoor Denim and Twilight. To achieve the fun pattern on the "Joy" stamp, I used the "dirty kiss and twist" technique. Now, I know what you're thinking, that technique doesn't sound like it should be done in public, but I promise it's not as bad as it sounds, lol. I simply inked a patterned stamp (from Argyle Backgrounds D1325) with Outdoor Denim ink and laid it on my work surface stamp-side up. Then I inked the "Joy" stamp with Twilight ink and stamped it on top of the background stamp "kissing them together and twisting about 1/4 turn" before carefully lifting the stamp straight up and stamping it on my Colonial White cardstock. (Ooops, I just now realized that I did in fact use one additional stamp other than the sentiments, so I guess this challenge was tougher for me than I thought and I hope that doesn't disqualify this card completely, lol).
Remember, you can click on my photo to see it larger if you want to see the fun detail that results when using this technique!
This card is just one of the many different cards I will be offering for you to make with me at my "Christmas Card Buffet" coming up on Saturday, October 15th (10am to 2pm) during our Relief Society Super Saturday Craft Day!! (This event will be held at my church where non-members are always welcome to join us! It will be a purely "fun and social" meeting, so there will be no "religious" pressure to be concerned about!) Those who attend can "snack a little" by creating just a few of the simple Christmas cards I will be offering this day or "feast a lot" and create as many as you want to for just $1 per card! I will share more of the cards I will be offering here on my blog soon, but you can RSVP now if you want to!

No comments: