Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Big changes ahead!! (next classes will be in July!)

June has turned out to be a much busier time for me and my family than I had anticipated! I was so looking forward to enjoying the lazy days of summer at home with my husband and all the kids. I was expecting to have more creative play time in my craft room in the coming weeks, BUT instead of that...I have chosen to take on something new and very different this summer. I am excited to announce that after 16 years of being a stay-at-home-mom, I am taking on a new part-time job as the General Manager and Secretary of the Barstow Heights Community Services District! I will now be working away from my home 3 days a week for 3.5 hours a day (Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 8:30am to Noon). My first day of work was yesterday, June 12th!
Today will be my 2nd day of work!

I am very excited about this new adventure and much-needed opportunity to help contribute more to our family income. This really is the perfect job for me and my family because starting in August, my boss will allow me to work just during the hours that all five of my kids will be in school and I can still be home for them on evenings and weekends. It's going to mean that I will have to be a bit more organized with my routines at home (staying on top of the laundry workload especially, since that is already a huge challenge for me), but I am ready for and up to the challenge! Jose will be home all summer to care for the kids and the house also,
so the timing of all of this just couldn't be more perfect!

In addition to this new big thing in my life, we are also busy getting ready for the annual Sluder Family Reunion in Utah that is coming up in June as well. I've decided that because it is such a busy time right now and I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed still, I just won't be ready to teach any more card classes or scrapbooking classes during June.

I will however look forward to continuing my usual class schedule in July. I will also be adding some extra weekday afternoon play dates during July and August as well for those who like me, are wanting some extra creative play time amongst friends this Summer!
My next Card Classes will be July 13 and 14 and Scrapbooking Classes will be July 20 and 21. More details about all of my upcoming classes and play dates will be coming soon!

2 comments:

Casandra Bennett said...

Congratulations on the new work venture!

Cheryl Even said...

Congrats on the new job and good luck with being organized!