WELCOME to my blog and THANKS for stopping by to see my artwork featuring the April SOTM - Flower Pot D1409! I have used the Veranda Level 2 paper packet X7119B for all of my creations.
- First is a pop-up gift card wallet. You are getting three views of it at once in this photo; bottom left shows it closed, top left shows it partially opened, and on the right you see it opened all the way. You are supposed to insert a gift card or folded-up cash in the pop-up spot where you now see my business card! I will share the cutting dimensions and directions how to make it below. I learned how to create this fun pop-up holder from my 3rd upline Cindy Baker who learned it from one of her uplines Debbi Fournier (so thanks so much for sharing it and passing it on down to me ladies)!
- Next, I have shared a 4.5" circle card: design inspired by Wishes - Side Note (p. 127).
- Finally, in the last photo are two small cards: the 3x3" card design is inspired by Originals - Squares & Overlay (p. 65) and the 2.5x3.5" card is inspired by Originals - Double Duty (p. 113).
Pop-Up Gift Card Wallet instructions:
- Cocoa cardstock base is 4.25 x 10" (round corners)
- Score the cardstock base at 3", 4", 5", and 8" (or scoring 2" from opposite end works better)
- B&T paper for outside of the holder - 2.75 x 4" (cut two - one from B&T and one from vanilla cream cardstock to be stamped on) and 1.75 x 4" (cut one)
- B&T paper for inside of the holder - 2.75 x 4" (cut two) and 1.75 x 4" (cut one)
- The band that is wrapped around to hold the holder closed is a 12" x 1/2" strip of cardstock (layered with a .75 x 4.25" piece of Cocoa cardstock underneath on the front side only), which is then embellished with paper flowers and a button.
- At the 3" score make a valley fold (this will be the front bottom).
- At the 4" score make a mountain fold. (This fold and the next fold will make the portion that will hold the gift card).
- At the 5" score make a valley fold.
- At the 8" score make a valley fold (this will be the front top).
- Use a strong adhesive (like tombow) along the outside valley fold of the 4" scored edge to adhere the pop-up gift card holder portion together, then cut off 1/16th of an inch of the pop-up fold so you can insert the gift card/money there.
- Fold the holder (you may need to trim a little off the bottom front flap to ensure it folds closed well) before adhering the B&T papers. Once it folds nicely you can apply all of the B&T papers as well as your stamped cardstock to the front and back sides.
If you want to see a whole lot more beautiful artwork created by participants of the consultant SOTM swap that I host each month you will want to come back tomorrow to check out my next posting (on April 1st, 2010)!! You'd be a fool not to want to check it out - lol!
Now you can continue on with the hop by visiting **JODY'S BLOG** next to enjoy her amazingly creative artwork!!