Thursday, September 10, 2009

Three very EASY fall cards!




These three cards are inspired by a card created by one of my CTMH downline team members, Katrina Sikora. I also used Wishes - Simple Expression for my inspiration (p. 40).

I needed a card design that would be quick and easy to create with a group of about 30 teenagers in about an hour and a half. I was asked to teach card-making to a group of 13-18 year-old girls (the teen mothers program at our continuation high school). The teacher of this program is one of my regular customers and this is the fifth time she has asked me to come to her class to stamp with her girls (I do it once or twice each school year). I'll be creating these cards with them this afternoon and I am so looking forward to it! Each girl will only make one card to start (and then maybe two each if there is time), but I altered my sample card designs each slightly to show them that they can change up their card layout a little if they want to.

Because I am donating all the supplies we use (I consider it a community service thing and a small tax write-off as a bonus), I wanted to use up some of the bulk "Free Spirit" papers and bulk Outdoor Denim designer ribbon I've had tons of and have not used for ages. I don't expect any sales to come from the class, but it is a great way of spreading the word about what I do (I'm always hoping the girls will share what they made with their parents and generate some interest there - lol). I know shades of blue really aren't very traditional fall colors, but I wanted to make it work so I could use up what I have and I think I really like how they turned out. Who says you can't use blue to create fall-themed cards?!! Colors I used are Colonial White, Desert Sand, Indian Corn Blue, and Outdoor Denim. Hope you enjoy seeing them!

No comments: