Tuesday, November 30, 2010

December SOTM Blog Hop featuring the lovely "Amore" stamp set!

Welcome to our December Stamp of the Month blog hop featuring this month's new SOTM - Amore D1445!
If you've just joined me from Sheila's blog then you are on the right path!
All of my artwork with this stamp set uses the Olivia paper packet X7128B (colors are Barn Red, Colonial White, Pear, Smoothie, and Sunset). First up (above), is a 5x7 card inspired by Wishes - Bullseye (p. 33). While I could have used "masking" or "marker coloring technique" to ink some of my images, I instead chose to use my micro-tipped scissors to cut my stamps apart for faster and easier stamping. I cut the "Two hearts that beat as one" sentiment out from the center of the swirly frame stamp that it was a part of and I also cut the small flower and stem out from below the letter "e" on the "Amore" sentiment stamp. This small flower and stem stamp is what I used to stamp the flowers all around the heart-shaped leaf wreath image with Smoothie ink. All ink distressing/sponging was done with Barn Red ink. Remember, you can click on any of my photos to see them even larger up-close if you want to!

Next, I have a 3x3 card inspired by Originals - Squares & Overlay (p. 65) and a 4.5 x 4.5" square card inspired by Wishes - All Squared Up (p. 101). I used just basic stamping with Barn Red and Smoothie inks to create these simple Valentine cards . The scrolling that the "I Love You" card is bordered with is just one edge (the top) of the heart-shaped leaf wreath stamp stamped along the outside edge of the square piece of cardstock. I've used more sponge-distressing with Barn Red ink on these cards also.

Finally, I have a 2.5 x 3.5" card inspired by Wishes - Simple Strip (p. 37) and a 3x6" card inspired by Wishes - Name Plate (p. 18). You can see a close-up shot below that better shows how I cut out and layered the "Amore" sentiment using 3D mounting tape to make it pop-up above the heart. Again, I've used lots of Barn Red ink to sponge-distress it all.
I hope you have enjoyed and are inspired by my creations! If you'd like to see a whole lot more artwork created with this stamp set by the very talented members of my consultant SOTM swap group, please visit my blog again on Friday (12/3) when I will be sharing all of their artwork here too! Now you can continue on the hop by visiting Brae's blog next! Enjoy!!

10 comments:

Haley D. said...

Each card is so pretty! I can't choose a favorite.

Melissa Laverty said...

super pretty...great work.

Melinda Everitt said...

Very,very nice cards. You have been busy.

Susan Brooks - The Closet Stamper said...

You have been very busy! Great tip about cutting apart the stamps to make it easier to stamp items.

Kami said...

Very nice cards! I really like them all.

Wendy K. said...

Great cards! I love how you created a heart wreath on the first one. I had to look twice to see that it was the same stamp set!
Wendy K.
www.MyScrapbookingBlog.com

Annette Green said...

Gorgeous projects Jen. Love them all!

mauihumv@gmail.com said...

Oh so pretty!

Tamytha said...

All of your projects are so pretty. Some of my fave of the hop. :)

Krista Ritskes said...

I absolutely love your layers in the last card! Gorgeous work on all of them.