Saturday, July 31, 2010

Something Splendid is here for August!

THANK YOU for joining me for
the August Stamp of the Month Blog Hop!
If you have just arrived here from Wanda's Blog then you are on the right path! (or you can start your "hop" right here and continue clicking on the links to go to the next blog and so on until you come full circle back to here)! My first card to share with you (above and below) is a 6x6 card design inspired by Wishes - Keep it Level (p. 107).
The sparkle you see on the flower is our Prisma Glitter that I "rubbed on" on top of glue that I added using the smaller-tipped Bonding Memories glue pen. To make the leaves, I first stamped them with sweet leaf ink on sweet leaf cardstock. Then I cut out each leaf and used a fine-mist spray bottle to wet the back-side of each leaf just a little bit (to soften the paper without making the ink run that much). I then wrinkled each leaf into a little wad of paper. Then I opened each little wad of paper and let them sit out to dry for a few minutes so the wrinkles set in (you could also use your heat tool to speed up the drying process). Finally, I used a sponge dauber and chocolate ink to "ink distress" the edges and wrinkles of each leaf.

My other cards (shown below) are my creations for the SOTM swap I host for my fellow consultant friends and team members each month! All of the cards I'm sharing today are made with the Cherry-O level 2 paper packet X7123B (colors are Chocolate, Colonial White, Crystal Blue, Sweet Leaf, and Tulip).
Card designs are inspired by Wishes - Left Eclipse (p. 64) and Wishes - Keyhole (p. 12)Circle card design is inspired by Wishes - Side Note (p. 127)

I hope I have inspired you all at least a little bit!
Now you can continue on the "hop" by visiting Shirley's Blog next!
Please enjoy the rest of the hop!

18 comments:

Shirley Ross, rockin' heARTist said...

beautiful!

Krista Ritskes said...

Your projects are all beautiful. I love the last one the best.

mauihumv@gmail.com said...

Beautiful cards.

Lori Miller said...

Pretty cards, Jen!

Shelly Vaught said...

All of these are wonderful! Thanks for the great ideas.

Kathleen said...

Jen, Wow, these are gorgeous cards!! You have such great creativity!!

Unknown said...

Very pretty cards :)

Dawn said...

Lovely creations! My favorite is the circle card.

Cheryl Even said...

You kept getting better and better with each card! What a wonderful display of your talent and creativity. TFS.

Jenifer said...

They all are adorable!

Carla said...

Wow! Fabulous work Jen!! Love them all!

Debra said...

Beautiful cards! I love the crumpling for the leaves.

Haley D. said...

Your cards are simply stunning! I can't pick a favorite because they're all wonderful.

Laurie said...

Love the one that highlights the part of the flower! Beautiful

Katy said...

I like the ALL!!! So cute and each one is so different!

Debbie Carriere said...

Beautiful cards! I love the last one, never would have thought of that - thanks for the inspiration.

Susan Brooks - The Closet Stamper said...

Great details! Love how you highlight the flowers and who can resist glitter!

Diana said...

Oh so Beautiful! WOW ~ I just love your cards!