Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Valentine's Day Countdown - Day 2

For Day 2 of our Valentine's Day Countdown blog hop, I'm sharing this simple standard-size card! This is just one of the cards we'll be making this Saturday, February 5th (join us at 6pm or 7pm) at my $5 Creative Class! I still have room for a few more guests, so please contact me to RSVP soon before it fills up! What I love most about this card is that it is so very versatile and could be used for any number of occasions - Valentine's Day, Birthdays, Anniversaries, Weddings, or even as a Thank You or Thinking of You card (you decide what sentiment you want to stamp or write inside). This card could also be re-created and/or mass-produced easily using any variety of different color combinations that you'd like! This standard-size card uses the February Stamp of the Month -Friendship D1453 with Black and Tulip inks and a small piece of b&t paper from the Sweetheart X7134B paper pack. I've used the flourish-type stamps with the stamp-rolling technique to create the interesting background. The flower was created using our NEW 2" scallop circle punch - and it was so easy! You simply punch a scalloped circle from a piece of cardstock (I used Tulip cardstock here), then punch a small hole in the center with a piercing tool, then use micro-tipped scissors to cut towards the center (stopping 1/4 or 1/8" from center) to create the petals. I also put the two prongs of a black button brad through the two holes in this shimmery pink button to make the center of my flower. The prongs of the brad are put through the center of the flower and spread flat on the back. Then I adhered the flower using a square of 3D mounting tape over the top of my black grosgrain ribbon piece. I didn't do this on my flower shown here, but you could also use your piercing tool handle or a pencil (anything tubular) to wrap the cardstock petals around to curl them and give them some shape.


5 comments:

Lori Miller said...

Oh, Jen -- this is so lovely! I love the color combination. Thanks for hopping with us!

Brandy Lees said...

Cute card Jen!!! Can't wait to see more :)

Ann said...

Jen,
I just love that flower!

Unknown said...

classic, beautiful , love the clean lines! i'm a new follower via google friend! - kelli

Unknown said...

Looks like a fun class! Love the colors- thanks for sharing!